Get referrals from family and friends:
– Why do they recommend their doctor?
– How long have they been with them?
– What’s the office atmosphere like?
Make sure you feel comfortable with the pediatrician you choose:
– Is the doctor warm, compassionate and open minded to your thoughts and feelings?
– Does he/she complement your personality?
– Are you comfortable asking questions, no matter how trivial, to the doctor?
Before making a decision, schedule an interview with the doctor:
– See the office in action.
– Ask some general questions, like what should you do if your child is sick and it’s after office hours.